COMING JUNE 2018
The Wieliczka Salt Mine in 1843 was the first recorded mention of the therapeutic effects salt has on respiratory problems. Polish physician, Felix Boczkowski, discovered that the men working in the Wieliczka Salt Mine suffered fewer respiratory problems than the general population. Salt therapy is still used today as a non-invasive treatment.
There are three primary characteristics of NaCI, which is pure sodium chloride; also known as salt:
How Dry Salt Therapy Works:
Pharmaceutical grade salt is ground into microscopic particles by a state of the art halogenerator and then dispersed into the chamber. The salt is then inhaled to reduce inflammation, widen the airways, accelerate mucus transport, soak up and eliminate toxins and allergens and strengthen the immune system.
Dry Salt cleanses and purifies, thereby increasing the overall oxygen exchange in the body. It removes the buildup of foreign elements from the respiratory tract that lead to and exacerbate various respiratory conditions. The non-inhaled particles landing on the skin help to balance the ph and induce the reparative and regenerate processes in the derma, increasing rigidity and stimulating cell growth and microcirculation.
In addition to improving chronic lung and skin conditions, Dry Salt Therapy can enhance athletic endurance, accelerate recovery time, and help to shorten acute respiratory viruses. Dry Salt Therapy also improves hair health.
Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Aging Skin:
- Salt therapy is a non-invasive, drug free treatment for many forms of dermatitis. It offers immediate relief that will also keep your skin free from irritation for an extended period of time.
- Salt particles act as a bactericide to kill bacteria and fungi. Salt possess anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and pain. As treatments progress, itching sensations on your skin will stop and minor cracks will vanish.
- Salt therapy will make your skin look good and feel better.
- Salt therapy also reduces stress and strengthens your immune-defense system so you won’t fall prey to disease easily.
Conditions Halotherapy Treats:
Asthma, Breathlessness, Chest tightness, COPD, Emphysema and Smoker’s Cough:
- During the series of treatments, inhalation of the dry salt aerosol will bring about the improvement of mucociliary clearance, decrease bronchial inflammation and decrease or eliminate pathogenic microorganisms, as well as, reduce bronchial hyper-responsiveness.
- This will bring better lung function with fewer spasmodic attacks and clear air passages which will result in lesser use of drugs to control symptoms. Even chronic deep cough due to tobacco use, aka Smoker’s Cough, shows marked improvement with continued treatment.
- Salt therapy offers natural and quick relief to allergy sufferers. Salt is well known for its decongestant properties; it reduces inflammation of the airway passages, restores the normal transport of mucous secretion and frees blockages in the bronchi and bronchioles which leads to rapid elimination of the residual tar and foreign allergens.
- Improving drainage allows for the reduction in contaminants that may trigger or prolong allergic episodes. Additionally, salt’s ability to absorb edema from swollen mucosa linings in the sinuses and respiratory tract open airways to help bring about quick relief of symptoms.
Coughs, Colds, Flu:
- Salt therapy naturally absorbs edema from swollen air passages and thins mucus secretions so that drainage and breathing is easier. Salt therapy gets to the root of the problem with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action.
- Salt therapy brings relief from the irritation of mucus secretions and debris, as well as, an antispasmodic effect to calm negative particles and quiet coughs. The deep cleaning of the sinus cavities and respiratory tract inherent in this type of treatment reduces the toxic load on the immune system, regardless of external exposure.
- If you are a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis, salt therapy treatments bring relief by opening up your respiratory tract, clearing accumulated mucus and unclogging blockages in the bronchi and bronchioles. It absorbs edema from the mucosa lining in the airway passages and reduces inflammation of the respiratory tract. Salt therapy treatment facilitates the drainage of mucus associated with sinusitis, a common problem in patients suffering from cystic fibrosis. Salt therapy treatment sessions reduce your coughing and dependence on prescription drugs and gives a boost to your immune system.
- Treatments like antibiotics and bronchodilators bring short-term relief. Salt therapy treatments, however, not only bring relief but can also prevent the recurrence of symptoms.
Sinus, Ear Infections:
- Salt therapy for ear infections penetrates deep into the internal passages of the ear, reduces inflammation, edema, and bacteria in the Eustachian tubes. Relief of the edema from swollen tissues will widen passages, improve drainage and increase aeration behind the tympanic membrane which reduces infection in the pockets where bacteria often builds due to collected fluid.
- Salt therapy for sinus infections is also achieved through deep penetrating dry salt particles. The negative charge of dry aerosol particles causes them to be literally drawn into the essentially positively charged environment of inflamed and infected sinus cavities. Relief is achieved quickly as mucus secretions become thinner and are able to drain properly, removing trapped pockets of debris and bacteria.
- Microscopic salt particles also stimulate the immune system, increasing the body’s innate ability to resist further infection as antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties reduce the current episode. This can significantly reduce the use of antibiotics in chronic sufferers of ear and sinus infections.
Bronchitis, Bronchial Infections:
- Salt therapy is a non-invasive, drug free treatment that will bring relief and prevent recurrence over time. Salt therapy will help you breathe easier by clearing accumulated mucus from your lungs.
- Salt widens and clears your respiratory system which will help your coughing to subside. When suffering from cold or flu symptoms, salt therapy will open up your nasal airways and reduce sneezing. Salt therapy will bring relief by reducing the inflammation of your lungs and kill bacteria. Treatments will expel large amounts of mucus that had been blocking your ability to breathe. Salt therapy can decrease your dependence on prescription drugs.
Who Should Not Use The Salt Room:
People with the following conditions:
- Fever with Infection
- Cancer and currently receiving Chemotherapy
- Heart Failure
- Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure
- Under Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
What To Expect:
This is a group setting with up to five people in the salt room, at one time:
- Our sessions are 35 minutes in duration
- Dress comfortably
- Electronics should not be used in the salt room
- Please be considerate of others by keeping noise and talking to a minimum
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your first appointment to complete paperwork
- We will not allow entrance to the salt room after the door has been closed in order to continue the quiet ambiance for those already seated
- The only thing you have to do is…….Breathe and Relax!
FIRST-TIME VISIT SPECIAL:
First-time Client Visit for Adult: $13.00
One Session for Adult: $25.00
Three Sessions for Adult: $42.00
Five Sessions for Adult: $60.00