Halotherapy (Dry Salt Therapy) is a natural treatment that has been around for 100’s of years. It is a safe and effective way of using salts natural, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and highly absorbent properties to provide relief for respiratory conditions, skin conditions, sleep disorders, stress, anxiety and depression.
There are three primary characteristics of NaCI, which is pure sodium chloride; also known as salt:
- Extremely absorbent
How Dry Salt Therapy Works:
Pharmaceutical grade salt is ground into microscopic particles by a state of the art halogenerator and then dispersed into the room. The salt is then inhaled to reduce inflammation, widen the airways, accelerate mucus transport, soak up and eliminate toxins and allergens and strengthen the immune system.
Dry Salt cleanses and purifies, thereby increasing the overall oxygen exchange in the body. It removes the buildup of foreign elements from the respiratory tract that lead to and exacerbate various respiratory conditions. The non-inhaled particles landing on the skin help to balance the ph and induce the reparative and regenerate processes in the skin, increasing rigidity and stimulating cell growth and microcirculation.
In addition to improving chronic lung and skin conditions, Dry Salt Therapy can enhance athletic endurance, accelerate recovery time, and help to shorten acute respiratory viruses. Dry Salt Therapy also improves hair health.
Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Aging Skin:
- Salt therapy is a non-invasive, drug free treatment for many forms of dermatitis. It offers immediate relief that will also keep your skin free from irritation for an extended period of time.
- Salt particles act as a bactericide to kill bacteria and fungi. Salt possess anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and pain. As treatments progress, itching sensations on your skin will stop and minor cracks will vanish.
- Salt therapy will make your skin look good and feel better.
- Salt therapy also reduces stress and strengthens your immune-defense system so you won’t fall prey to disease easily.
People that visit salt rooms on a regular basis may find relief from the following:
Asthma, Breathlessness, Chest tightness, COPD, Emphysema and Smoker’s Cough:
- During the series of treatments, inhalation of the dry salt aerosol will support the respiratory system and optimize breathe function.
- This will bring better lung function and clear air passages which will result in lesser use of drugs to control symptoms. Even chronic deep cough due to tobacco use, aka Smoker’s Cough, shows marked improvement with continued treatment.
- Salt therapy offers natural and quick relief to allergy sufferers. Salt is well known for its decongestant properties; it reduces inflammation of the airway passages, and restores the normal transport of mucous secretion.
- Improving drainage allows for the reduction in toxins that may trigger or prolong allergic episodes. Additionally, salt’s ability to absorb swelling in the sinuses and respiratory tract open airways to help bring about quick relief of symptoms.
Coughs, Colds, Flu:
- Salt therapy naturally absorbs swelling in air passages and thins mucus secretions so that drainage and breathing is easier. Salt therapy gets to the root of the problem with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action.
- Salt therapy brings relief from the irritation of mucus secretions and debris, as well as, quiet coughs. The deep cleaning of the sinus cavities and respiratory tract inherent in this type of treatment reduces the toxic load on the immune system, regardless of external exposure.
- If you are a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis, salt therapy treatments bring relief by opening up your respiratory tract, clearing accumulated mucus and unclogging blockages in the bronchi. It absorbs swelling in the airway passages and reduces inflammation of the respiratory tract. Salt therapy treatment facilitates the drainage of mucus associated with sinusitis, a common problem in patients suffering from cystic fibrosis. Salt therapy treatment sessions reduce your coughing and dependence on prescription drugs and gives a boost to your immune system.
- Treatments like antibiotics and bronchodilators bring short-term relief. Salt therapy treatments, however, not only bring relief but can also prevent the recurrence of symptoms.
Sinus, Ear Infections:
- Salt therapy for ear infections penetrates deep into the internal passages of the ear, reduces inflammation, edema, and bacteria in the Eustachian tubes. Relief of the edema from swollen tissues will widen passages, improve drainage and increase aeration behind the tympanic membrane which reduces infection in the pockets where bacteria often builds due to collected fluid.
- Salt therapy for sinus infections is also achieved through deep penetrating dry salt particles. The negative charge of dry aerosol particles causes them to be literally drawn into the essentially positively charged environment of inflamed and infected sinus cavities. Relief is achieved quickly as mucus secretions become thinner and are able to drain properly, removing trapped pockets of debris and bacteria.
- Microscopic salt particles also stimulate the immune system, increasing the body’s innate ability to resist further infection as antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties reduce the current episode. This can significantly reduce the use of antibiotics in chronic sufferers of ear and sinus infections.
Bronchitis, Bronchial Infections:
- Salt therapy is a non-invasive, drug free treatment that will bring relief and prevent recurrence over time. Salt therapy will help you breathe easier by clearing accumulated mucus from your lungs.
- When suffering from cold or flu symptoms, salt therapy will open up your nasal airways and reduce sneezing. Salt therapy will bring relief by reducing the inflammation of your lungs and kill bacteria. Treatments will expel large amounts of mucus that had been blocking your ability to breathe. Salt therapy can decrease your dependence on prescription drugs.
Who Should Not Use The Salt Room:
People with the following conditions:
- Fever with Infection
- Cancer and currently receiving Chemotherapy
- Heart Failure
- Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure
- Under Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
What To Expect:
This is a group setting with up to five people in the salt room, at one time:
- Our sessions are 35 minutes in duration
- Dress comfortably.
- Please wear clothing that has been washed since you last smoked or sprayed perfume.
- Do not use any perfumes, lotions, or any kind of fragrances when you attend a session.
- Electronics should not be used in the salt room
- Please be considerate of others by keeping noise and talking to a minimum
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your first appointment to complete paperwork
- We will not allow entrance to the salt room after the door has been closed in order to continue the quiet ambiance for those already seated
- The only thing you have to do is…….Breathe and Relax!
Community Sessions: Sits up to 5 people at one time.
*Regular and consistent Salt Therapy sessions are most beneficial to ease respiratory symptoms!
ADULT FIRST-TIME VISIT SPECIAL: $13.00
ADULT ONE-TIME VISIT: $25.00
ADULT 3 SESSION PACKAGE: $42.00 ($14/session)
ADULT 5 SESSION PACKAGE: $60.00 ($12/session)
- Children must be at least 10 years old (and able to remain quiet for the 35-minute session to participate in a community session).
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult to participate in a community session.
- Children under 10 are not permitted in community sessions, and must be accompanied by an adult for any private sessions.
CHILD FIRST-TIME VISIT SPECIAL: $10.00
CHILD ADD-ON TO ADULT VISIT: $15.00
CHILD ONE-TIME VISIT: $20.00
CHILD 3 SESSION PACKAGE: $36.00 ($12/session)
CHILD 5 SESSION PACKAGE: $50.00 ($10/session)